Pointe Coupee Dance Academy will present its 22nd annual recital, “Let’s Go to the Movies,” at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, June 13, at The Dunham School’s Brown-Holt Theater.
The afternoon performance will include techniques such as ballet, tap, jazz, pointe, hip hop and tumbling to music.
A highlight of the show will be a graduating senior performing her self-choreographed graduate solo.
Jordyn St. Cyr has chosen to tap to the song “Almost There” from one of her favorite movies, “The Princess and the Frog.”
St. Cyr, 17, has been with Pointe Coupee Dance Academy for the past 14 years.She is the daughter of Toby and Danita St. Cyr, of Jarreau, and has a younger sister, Jamei, following in her footsteps.
St. Cyr is a 2021 graduate of the STEM Magnet Academy of Pointe Coupee. She was a member of the BETA Club and the Livonia High School volleyball team.
She plans to attend LSU and major in communication disorder to become a speech language pathologist.
Awards will be given to the following students for their accomplishments in dance and tumbling.
• 13-Year Award: Kayden Langlois.
• 11-Year Award: Sen’Nyria Williams.
• 9-Year Award: Miya Battley.
• 7-Year Award: Anna Claire Devillier (tumbling), Anna Jackson, Lily Jackson, Isabell Joseph and Ellie Stanley.
• 5-Year Award: Blithe Mae Bryan, Audrey Gunter, Janeil Porche and Addison Smith.
• 3-Year Award: Zoey Beauvais, Avery Carriere, Adelynn Colley, Kayleigh Gunnells, Saylor Olinde, Emerson Perrault, Bryleigh Porche, Ra’Mya Savoy and Addison Smith (tumbling).
• Perfect attendance: Valeria Carrera, Avery Carriere, Charli David, Anna Claire Devillier, Natalie Doucet, Oaklee Engemann, Reese Fourroux, Maggie Gueho, Addison Gunnells, Chanice Hurst, Addyson Jarreau, Paislee Jarreau, Jalaya Leonard, Abby Metz, Madison Powell and Faith St. Romain.